We are pleased to inform you that following the relaxation announced by the Federal Government, we are relaunching the guided tours of the Royal Manufacturers De Wit from 23 September 2021.
In case of cancellation due to force majeure related to Covid, the cancellation fee will not be charged.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
The Royal Manufacturers De Wit is active in cleaning and conserving tapestries, mostly from international collections. They also buy and sell antique tapestries.
They are established in a unique setting: the late 15th century refuge house of the Abbey of Tongerlo in the city of Mechelen where they show their prestigious private collection of tapestries.
The Manufacturers can be visited with a qualified guide, specialised in tapestries. You will be introduced to the fascinating world of the art of weaving: its history, techniques, weaving demonstration, conservation process, ….
The historical building and garden will also be highlighted.
At specific times, when the conservation team is not at work, your tour will also include a visit to the workshop.
The tour lasts approximately 1,5 hours.
• Each Saturday at 10:30 a.m. (excluding July, between Christmas and New Year and on official holidays)
• Maximum 6 persons/family will be accepted.
• TWENTY visitors maximum will be allowed in the group
• Reservation is not possible. The guide will meet you in the garden.
• Languages: maximum 2 languages simultaneously according to the language knowledge of the guide and the visitors: Dutch in combination with French, English, German, Spanish or Italian.
• Admission fee:
Adults: € 8
Youth between 12-18 years: € 4
Children up to 12 years: free
• On Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 9 a.m. and 3.30 p.m. (excluding July, between Christmas and New Year, and on official holidays).
• Mandatory reservation, at least three weeks in advance only by email email@example.com
• Visit to the workshop on Saturdays is always included ; on Thursday and Friday, if your visit starts between 11 and 12 a.m. or after 3.30 p.m.
• Maximum 2 groups simultaneously. Twenty visitors per group maximum.
• Languages: Dutch, French, English, German, Spanish or Italian
• Admission fee:
group of 20 visitors maximum: € 150
group of 20 visitors maximum for a late evening opening (from 5 pm.): € 230